Go back to Contents – Go back to previous page
Navigating the user interface
The user interface is divided in 8 main areas:
- Title. The title area displays the software version number, the connection that you currently have on the screen, the username for the connection and the current window number. If the current screen has an open file the name of that file will display after the mentioned elements, followed by a star symbol (*) in case the file was modified and not saved yet.
- Menu. Refer to Menu for details.
- Quick Connect button and Status. Use the Quick Connect button to quickly connect to a Snowflake system. You can connect to multiple Snowflake systems at the same time and switch from one to the other from the “Window” menu option. The Status area displays the operations in progress –where available. By clicking on the red square you can cancel an operation in progress.
- Environment selectors. Use these combo boxes to switch the role, warehouse, database or schema. You can also set up the query timeout for all the database operations.
- Tree panel. The tree contains all of the databases and schemas selected by the user with their corresponding tables, views, functions and stored procedures. Refer to Tree for further details.
- DDL panel. When this window is open and you click in the tree on a table, view, function or procedure, the DDL for the object will be retrieved and shown here. You can toggle the DDL panel on/off by clicking the icon from the tree panel –in the image above this icon is hidden in the tree toolbar; you can click the small arrow at the end of the toolbar to display hidden icons.
- Tabs. Click these tabs to select a specific Dev4Snow feature. Refer to the specific tab for further details:
- Results panel. When executing queries the results will be displayed here. You can toggle the Results panel on/off by clicking the icon from the toolbar below the tabs. On the upper left corner of the Results panel two arrows will show up if multiple results are available. Click on the arrows to move from one results table to the other. Use the Excel button to export the current displayed table to Excel. Use the Pencil icon –when available- to activate the Data Edit mode.